Son’s Heartwarming Gift to His Mom: Donates Hair After 20 Years of Her Brain Tumor Battle!

What started as a joke turned into one of the most amazing gifts a mother could ever receive from her son.

Matt Shaha, from Arizona, spent nearly three years growing out his hair to make a wig for his mother, Melanie, who lost her hair after receiving radiation treatment.

“It’s a no-brainer,” Matt said. “She gave me the hair in the first place.”

Melanie had been battling a benign brain tumor for years. She had two surgeries in 2003 and 2006 to remove the tumor. But in 2017, when the tumor came back, she had to start radiation treatment.

“I asked my doctor, ‘Will I lose my hair?’ and they said ‘No,’” Melanie said.

But three months later, she did lose her hair.

“It’s hard when you don’t have hair. People can say things that hurt your feelings,” Melanie told Today. “I don’t mind being sick, but I mind looking sick. I’d rather blend in at the store.”

Not long after Melanie started losing her hair, her 27-year-old son Matt jokingly said he would grow out his hair and make a wig for her.

Even though Melanie thought it was a sweet offer but didn’t want to burden him, Matt was serious about it. He spent the next two and a half years growing his hair long enough to make a wig.

When Matt’s hair was long enough, he and a few coworkers went to his mom’s house to cut it off. Melanie said, “We were super pumped, and when they started cutting, we bawled.”

Matt even paid $2,000 to have the wig made. They found a wigmaker who hand-stitched the hair to make it lighter and more comfortable. Once the wig was delivered, Melanie had it cut and styled.

“Seeing her in it was the first time I had seen my mom look like that since she lost her hair, so it’s been about four years,” Matt said.

Melanie loved her new look and felt deeply touched by her son’s gift. “It sure fills your emotional cup,” she said.

Look at the joy on Melanie’s face! Even Matt is beaming with happiness. I love this for both of them and their family.

Please share this heartwarming story.

Barbra Streisand says she ‘can’t live in this country’ if this happens

Barbra Streisand recently stirred controversy with her online defense of Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis. Streisand claimed that conservatives are targeting Willis to tarnish her public image by scrutinizing her personal life.

Writing on X, Streisand argued that Willis is being unfairly criticized for having a private relationship with Nathan Wade, a subordinate prosecutor she hired for the investigation into Trump and 18 co-defendants charged with racketeering related to Georgia’s 2020 election results.“How silly that the Republicans want to have Fani Willis fired. For what? Thinking a woman can’t have a private life as well as a professional one? Men do it all the time! How ridiculous is this?” Streisand posted on Monday.She further criticized Trump and his allies, stating, “Trump and his allies are attacking Fani Willis, the DA prosecuting him for attempting to overthrow the will of the voters in Georgia. She has a private relationship with one of the prosecutors. This has nothing to do with the facts of the case and Trump’s brazen attempt to pressure the Secretary of State to ‘find’ more votes for him and to put false electors in front of Congress. It is just another diversion by Trump.”Streisand’s defense highlights the ongoing debate over the intersection of personal and professional lives, especially in high-stakes political and legal battles.

Related Posts

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*